I lied about the hiatus. I’m sorry! I love blogging too much… way too much. But I have a reason.
I love this.
Its soooo creamy! Like a PUDDING-cum-custard. Topped with blueberries, drenched in chocolate, cinnamon- infused.
Wait! Are you sure love is spelled “L-O-V-E”?
Because I’m pretty sure its spelled “Chocolate Blueberry Pie Oatmeal”.
You know, I’m NOT usually a fan of cooked oatmeal in a bowl. The usual breakfast fare. It doesn’t quite agree with my tummy. But drenched in this dessert-y goodness, oh what the heck, stomach discomforts? Oh whatever!!! 😀
I’ve got soooo many pictures to show you!!! These are just super duper photogenic 😀
I hope you’re not drooling… because I’m busy wiping away mine.
I’m sorry the picture here is so highly sharpened the chocolate layer looks like sand. I SWEAR its thick, syrupy and delicious. You can lick it and not bite it. Scout’s honour. I used to be a girl scout. A brownie (human one, inedible).
Used to be. I sucked at sewing buttons. Everyone could but I couldn’t. Brownied failure. I belong in the kitchen. To bake like crazy.
In this oatmeal:
bottom layer: Cinnamon – infused steel cut oats
middle layer: Chocolate syrup (super healthy)
top layer: Blueberries
Blueberry Pie Steel Cut Oats
- 40g steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (or other milk )
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup/ agave syrup
- 2 packets stevia
- Empty JAR
For Chocolate syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup/ agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a pot add water, salt, soy milk and oats.
- Heat till the mixture boils, then lower to LOW heat.
- Let cook, cover with a pot cover (better if it has a hole), and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Every 5 minutes, come back to stir the mixture to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- When it has reached your desired consistency, turn off the heat
- Add cinnamon and vanilla essence.
- Mix well.
- Pour into JAR!
- Prepare to add toppings.
For Chocolate syrup
Mix well!! Until it turns syrupy and uber-thick. So yummy! Make extra, in case you accidentally spooned some into your mouth before it goes onto the oatmeal
- You need 1/4 cup blueberries or as much as you want. I used an entire fruit serving!
- Pour chocolate syrup over the oats! Add blueberries.
- FREEZE for 15 minutes (MANDATORY!!!!!)
- It makes the oats SUPER custard-y!
PS:If this page took too long to load, I apologise!
Submitted to Diet, Dessert, and Dogs’ Wellness Weekends!!! Thanks for organising, Ricki!!!! 😀
Also submitted to: Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Love Link Party. Thanks, Vintagemom for the invite!!:D