I swear I’m trying to change myself. Become more innocent than I already am (near-dumb kind), be a very very nice person, pray more, eat less junk, do more exercise, be less sarcastic and therefore less entertaining, be neater and more organised, blah blah blah. You might also want to know my plan’s not exactly working. Not that I have one to begin with. I have a guideline (see 2nd sentence). Obviously guidelines are always overlooked. That’s the reason they are guidelines and not rules. Nonetheless, in an effort to become a better person, i once again embarked on the tedious task of tidying up the rubbish dump that is my room. Since I’ve confirmed that I passed ‘A’ levels, all the ‘A’ level stuff either went to my bro’s bookshelves or into bags to go to my bro’s best friend. Its kind of neat, at least according to my unique definition of ‘neat’. That makes one person who thinks my room is neat. 1 task down. The rest to go!
So today I made a weird pie. Chocolate sauce not-so-mysteriously flows out of the pie onto your plate. Make sure you have a not-so-flat plate or ants will be having the chocolate instead of you.
*I pressed the crust into the mold with the bottom of the very clean cake tin.
And this ‘pictures’ thing? I’m working on it, alright? Practicing! Its difficult but I hope I’ll get there.
You might want to know that the meringue tastes like melt-in-the-mouth marshmallows, and the strawberries are absolutely essential for that additional sweet-and-sour tang.
And here you go with the recipe.
*if crust mixture is too dry (barely comes together), add 10g of melted butter at a time.
😀 Till next time. Or to be precise, next post.
Remember My Brother’s 11 (Really) Stupid (but perhaps logical) Rules for Harmonious Living? You have no idea how true that list is.
My 8 (Really) Stupid (but perhaps logical)
Rules Beliefs (?) for Harmonious Living
- Yellow always looks best
- Never waste time not doing anything, i.e. staring into thin air (sleeping is not counted unless its an afternoon nap)
- When choosing clothes/shoes, comfort >>>>>> design. Duh.
- One should not go googoogaga over mascara-wearing Korean guys whose gender, at first sight, normal people cannot really tell.
- Taiwan is a country. (No argument allowed)
- Do not eat weird animal parts including but not limited to animal intestines, eyes, heart and liver. Eat only the meat portion.
- Don’t do what you don’t like.
- My brother needs more muscles. (Ha!)
There’s only 8… I’ll get my bro to draw up my list for me next time…
Going on, I haven’t done this in ages, but here we go…
I made a Reduced Fat Peanut & Orange Frangipane Pie yesterday and had a slice for breakfast.
Packet rice with Bitter gourd cooked with egg, black pepper lean meat and a green veggie whose English name I do not know. Same type of packet food as that above.
Another slice of pie. Pretty consumable for a failed pie.
And a handful of party snack mix.
A pretty boring snack day I guess. Not exactly the healthiest day…
What would Gordon Ramsay say?
My brother loves Gorden Ramsay. He’s cool. Like a chef version of Simon Cowell, but nicer. And really cute sometimes. 🙂
I made these bars today as an experiment to get perfect cookie dough bars. These are not perfect.
I’ll continue experimenting after my exams. I always bake after a series of exams. Remember this? and this?
Here’s a diagnosis.
What went wrong?
1. cookie cake layer is too dense (flour+ leavenershould be added) because I made it gluten free
2. cookie crust layer should be baked before all other layers are added
What I learnt (from other peoples’ experiences):
1. Never use fat-free cream cheese
2. Grease the pan!!!
3. Use real butter
What I want to ask Gordon Ramsay?
1. how do you make sure all layers are cooked when all 3 have different baking times?
2. You’re a chef. But, does that make you a pastry chef too?… Can you make macarons and layer cakes? Update: I checked! Apparently, he can!
Layers: (from top to bottom)
1. cocoa cheesecake
2. cookie cake
3. cookie crust
Monster Version, suggested by my mum, drenched in chocolate syrup from here, and with pink sugar beads leftover from my layer cake.
I have to say though, that while it wasn’t good enough, it was pretty tasty! 😀 😀