Here’s an apology in advance. I’m sorry. The following may be an eyesore.
See my smashed oreos? I dumped them into a separate cup so they wouldn’t get soggy.
Want to know something?
This is the BEST oatmeal I’ve ever eaten and the first I’ve ever really finished.
Cookies ‘n’ Cream in a Bowl
No. of servings: 1
- 40g quick cooking oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup/ agave syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 packets stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Mix the first 4 ingredients for oatmeal in a saucepan.
- Heat till mixture boils and then lower the heat for oatmeal to simmer.
- Let oats simmer for about 10 minutes or until the oatmeal is at the texture you want. Turn off the heat.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix till even.
- Pour in the ‘Cream’ (directions below) over the oats.
- Put in freezer for 15 minutes (mandatory! This step is essential to make oatmeal super creamy and custard-y!)
Just mix everything together and pour over your cooked oatmeal.
- 1 Oreo sandwich (without cream if you don’t like it… I don’t)– SMASHED (OPTIONAL)
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup/ agave syrup
Wanna see the innards?
You know, oatmeal doesn’t always like to get a nude picture taken, but I kind of took one when mine wasn’t looking. Oops.
An empty bowl!!