Custard Banana Minis
|Dough from Monkey bread||1 portion|
|Skim milk||8 tbs|
|Custard powder||2 tbs|
|Brown sugar||1 tbs|
In a small bowl, mix all topping ingredients to form a smooth watery mixture. To test, lift some with a spoon and drip them into the bowl to check if it does not drip in clumps but smoothly as would maple syrup.
Preparing the pan
|Warm water||8 tbs (or more depending on size of pan)|
|Custard powder||4 tbs (or more depending on size of pan) + 1tbs|
4. Mix the warm water and custard powder to form a thick mixture. Spread the mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Spread the remaining tablespoon of custard powder on the sides of the container (spread some applesauce before the custard powder if custard powder does not stick)To finish
|Applesauce||2 tbs (or more)|
6. Cut the dough into 20 pieces. Roll each small piece of dough into a small ball and place it on the prepared baking pan. Cover with a wet cloth and let rise for another hour in a warm place (I do it in an oven that has a large cup of hot water in it)
7. Drizzle the topping generously over the prepared buns after they have doubled in size again
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180°C.
9. You can drizzle the remaining topping if you are not yet sick of custard.
I’m submitting this to yeastspotting!